Wednesday, September 26, 2007

2nd and 3rd test

This week Vanderbilt's accelerated MSN program served me my a$$ on a platter...I had two back to back exams and they were nothing nice. Not so good on the clinical exam, better on the pharm...

So, I am going to be a "hater" for a moment...There is a substantially lower learning curve for many people in my class. Hey people that are paramedics or LPNs, how about you pair up with us "non-hospital experienced" students instead of watching us stumble through lab. By the way, I still hate lab. Last week, my male partner, male!!!, was practicing the cardiac assessment on me and I was so uncomfortable. I know, I know it is all for the sake of learning, but it is my breast (that I am only willing to share with my husband and our future kids). Again, I was so uncomfortable having him search for my 4th and 5th ICS with happened to be under my bosom. He was really nice (and I did feel a lil weird touching him, he was super muscular and all I can think is that if I am noticing how muscular he is , is he noticing how flabby I am?) In the world of make believe, I love my body and have all the confidence in the world. But in reality, I feel like damn, I am one cupcake away from obese.

I am volunteering at a clinic now. My job description is calling in referral and contacting patients for right now. The coordinator said that after I passed the NCLEX I could do more assisting with the midwives, very exciting! I am really excited and even more excited that they are excited to have me. I am still waiting for news from good old Uncle Sam, but I plan on getting the scholarship! Well, I am off to Facebook stalk for a little bit ;-) No tests next week!

1 comment:

Student Nurse Midwife said...

I can totally relate to being felt up during the cardiac exam. My PMI is directly in the crease of my 40DD. Ah well -- my female partner didn't mind it so much.

We had our 1st test this week. #2 is on Tuesday of next week. Good luck and I look forward to reading your blog :)