Sunday, November 18, 2007

Still kickin...

Don't worry I am still alive...I made it through a terrible week and got barely above average grades to show for it. Don't even care enough to talk about it...

Clinicals have been quite an experience. I was expecting this to be the best rotation ever and I pray to God that it is not. I am on the OB/GYN floor, so I thought "Yea! Pregnant women and their babies!" and all I have gotten is hysterectomies and cancer. How depressing is it to see all these women in labor or wheeling their babies back to their room and I am taking care of a 60 yo terminal cancer patient. Poor me, but more importantly poor patient, at least this rotation is up in two weeks, but this poor woman is going to die. It is rather depressing. Can't wait til it is over.

I have a MUCH needed week off from school, in which I will be traveling to my family in New Jersey's house. 14 hours of fun!!! Anyhow I am excited to see everyone and to go shopping...and to be away from school. I am going to get some rest before we hit the road, but hopefully I will have some good pics to share when I get home. Happy Holidays!!!


No comments: