Wednesday, November 5, 2008

November is here!

Yesterday was a powerful day for me. Now, I can truly tell my son (or daughter) that he a brown man can be anything he wants to be when he grows up. I get choked up thinking about my aunties and other family members marched and sat in and faced tear gas for moments just like this. I can't believe this. This is absolutely amazing. The president-elect is a QUALIFIED man of color. Now we just need to cover him in the blood and keep him safe, the Lord has plans for him!

I had my first ultrasound on Monday and it was the most exciting 5 minutes of my life, lol. It was so quick. The funniest moment of the morning was seeing my husband eyes get the size of baseballs when he saw the transvaginal probe they were using. Poor guy was thinking a lil gel on the tummy and up comes the picture. He is incredible: supportive, helpful, excited. I honestly could not ask for anything else. I love my man!

School is actually looking up, I have been kicking butt on my exams recently. Doing quite a bit of make up for the first round of exams. I am exhausted but making it. So if I can just make it past Thanksgiving I think I will enjoy getting reasonably round. 

No comments: