Saturday, August 30, 2008

I'm Back

According to my school, I am now a midwifery student.  Did you hear that? I am a MIDWIFERY STUDENT!...No more lectures on handwashing, no more awful blue scrubs, no more "fill in the blank on whateva I hated about my first year". I am sure I sounded this excited the first few weeks of the program last year at this time, but it is different, I promise. I have had the ah ha moment in my life that I pray my hubby finds soon, lol. I am supposed to be a midwife, I am focused and eager to learn at the first mention of menses. Its like losing your favorite pair of jeans and then finding them a month later. Its just right. However, I have faced my first ethical issue...the "Pap"athon. This is where we students participate in providing women who otherwise may have not been able to afford a pelvic exam an opportunity to receive a free pap. That's how I have decided to believe all my classmates feel about this event and not as a way to simply get more pap experience...that is what will let me sleep at night. So, I heard the ACNM conference was great last year and we were told to be prepared to spend $1000 on it this year...ouch. Guess no vacation with the hubby unless I can petition the office of diversity to sponsor me. Any suggestions? I ordered my new school shoes I will post them later ;)

No comments: