Sunday, February 10, 2008

On to psych

So Peds was not my favorite, but I had the best instructor ever. He really let us do a lot of hands on interventions and be pretty autonomous. It is definitely not for me, but again I really appreciate those who can work with the kiddies. Glad I don't have to do this again.

Now I am in psych. Lets start with the positive: 1. very personable instructor 2. short days 3. really, really interesting 4. lunch is really good. Now with the less than positive: 1. can be very boring 2. psych hospital is very dreary 3. I feel so uncomfortable 4. the nurses hate students, patients, their jobs in general (makes for a great learning environment). I will be fine if I never have to work in area ever again.

My posts are rather dry now a days and that is so appropriate to how I feel about school at this point. Kinda blah. I just want to take the NClex and move on to my specialty year. But at this juncture, I feel like every class I take is a waste of my time and I would rather be doing anything else than listen to these people talk about things I could care much less about. Please just let me get to my women's health and midwifery classes. I constantly find myself not paying attention in class or on the internet or blogging rather than working on an assignment I have due tuesday. I really am just tired of being in school. I don't know how I am going to make it though another 2 years. I can and I will, I just really don't want to. If anyone can send me some motivation please do so, I have no money but I can cook and sew so just holla at your girl. Okay bed time. My effort is to blog a little more than once a month.

2 comments:

RN2CNM said...

Hang in there girl!!! Just remember that it is all a means to an end (a great end!!)
And don't forget, even though the psych stuff seems dull and dry as a midwife you will have clients come to you with mood disorders and as a good midwife it will be your job to help them sort through and find the appropriate treatment for them. I know my own midwife frequently has women who just come in for their yearly and will just break down with her because she takes the time to sit, listen and care when it seems other providers have not taken the time to do so. Although the other areas of nursing don't seem as interesting and don't hold our attention like the one we love (midwifery and women's health) it is all pertinent to what we will do later on and the kinds of clients we will have.
Keep studying hard the good stuff is soon to come!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Dieta, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dieta-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.